Wednesday, May 12, 2010

One year old appointment


Caleb had his one year old appointment and checked out well according to the Doc. He is 24lbs (approx. 65%) and 30" long (90%). We dropped the bottle cold turkey the day after he turned one and he has done well. He is drinking whole milk out of a sippy cup and looks like a big boy carrying it around on his own. It makes me kinda sad! He is walking everywhere now and practically refuses to crawl. Occasionally he will still fall, but walks around like a champ. In fact, I am preparing myself for him to start running soon! Caleb is eating 3 meals a day with snacks in between. A typical day of meals would be the following:
Breakfast:
Milk
Blueberries
Yogurt
and maybe a
Slice of toasted bread w/ jelly or pancakes

Snack:
Cheerios
Juice

Lunch:
Cheese
Fruit cup
Turkey (deli meat)
Veggie--offered not being eaten much now unless it is sweet potato fries

Snack:
Juice/Water
Animal crackers

Dinner:
Lasagna
Bread
or
Spaghetti or
Pizza
or
Beans/Rice

Caleb LOVES balls (bouncy balls, golf balls, basketballs--any really)! He takes two naps a day that usually each last around an hour. He has never met a stranger and loves laughing, smiling and has become quite a talker. He knows several words like bird, ball, balloon, lights, sky, duck, horse, and dog to name a few. He can say several words also like "Ma ma", "Da Da", "Ba" (ball), "Boon" (Balloon), "thank you" (not crystal clear), "juice", and "cheese". Caleb loves bath time and doing anything outside.

Caleb, this year has been an incredible year for your mommy and daddy! Thank you for giving me the most incredible and challenging job I have ever had. I love you more than I thought was possible. You make me light up when I get to talk about you or when others compliment you. You bring so much joy into my life and days. I am honored to be your mother and will always love you no matter what!

1 comment:

Bagwell's said...

Happy Birthday little man! I love having May baby boys together and I KNOW they will be best of friends because they both love balls and beans and rice! PS - Brooks is getting pop tarts these days because mama is getting lazy! Help!