Thursday, January 14, 2010

Jumping Cactus





So, apparently Arizona has what is known as a "jumping cactus"! Unfortunately, I am not sure of what these jumping cactus look like yet and Arizona has a lot of cactus so I am hoping I don't learn the hard way. The trick is not to stand too close to these particular cactus because if you do then you might just find yourself being shot with pricks! We have so many different cactus in our yard and even more exciting lemon and orange trees! I am hoping there are not any jumping cactus in our yard especially near the trees where I will be picking my lemons for lemonade. I am so excited about making my first batch of fresh squeezed lemonade...which you will have to wait to see how it turns out :) This 3 months we will be living in Phoenix (actually we are in a great area called Scottsdale just outside of Phoenix) is going to be great! I am going to have more time to read, blog, take walks/jogs with Caleb, make lemonade and just explore this new area with my two favorite people! I am so excited to be on this adventure! On a side note, Caleb's hair is getting so long and it stands straight up on the top and sides even after I wet it down flat. We have had several people comment on his hair. I have heard "he must have static electricity" and I have to say "no that is just his natural hair". I couldn't help but notice his hair stands straight up and out like one of the cactus you see in our yard! I guess I am going to have to get this little guy some hair gel :) Well, off to squeeze some lemons!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Look at you being all Martha Stewart with your fresh lemonade. :) Love the picture of Caleb's hair...too cute!

Beloved said...

I love that Caleb's new hairstyle DOES sort of reflect the cactus in your yard! How hilarious is that :) He is precious and these months in Arizona will be some you will never forget. So call me and fill me in! love,katherine

Masters Rental said...

Adorable! Caleb is precious. Fresh squeezed lemonade sounds heavenly. I am so jealous of this awesome adventure you are on. Enjoy every minute and keep us updated!